The iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority is seeking environmental monitors to assist with the implementation and enforcement of the National Environmental Management Act and World Heritage Convention Act within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Basic understanding of environmental legislation and keen interest in nature conservation
- Experience relating to law enforcement, priority species monitoring, tracking skills, black and white rhino monitoring within a big five game reserve will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and as part of team under strenuous environmental conditions in remote area
- Must be literate in English and isiZulu
- Possession of a valid driver’s licence will be an advantage.
Key performance areas:
- Extended day and night law enforcement patrols
- Black and White rhino monitoring
- Maintenance of camp facilities
- Accurate recording of biological data
Brief CV with copy of ID and proof of residence from relevant traditional authority (preference will be given applicants from neighbouring communities of iSimangaliso), to be forwarded to: The Office Manager, iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority, Private Bag X05, St. Lucia, 3936 or hand delivered to: The iSimangaliso Offices, Dredger Harbour, St. Lucia, 3936 or e-mail: email@example.com. Please do NOT include any qualification certificates.
Closing Date: 22 November 2017.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Applicants not contacted within 30 days of the advertisement closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. The iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authorities reserves the right not to make the appointment.