Dear iSimangaliso Wetland Park guests, visitors, community, and partners.
It is that time of the year where we welcome guests from all over the country, including the Southern African Region and international visitors. We welcome you all, and wish you a safe and enjoyable time within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park – World Heritage Site.
As we all know on the 14th of December 2020, the President of the Republic of South Africa addressed the nation and announced additional level 1 National State of Disaster conditions. Accordingly, the Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs issued amended regulations in terms of section 27(2). Clause 69.14 of the regulation states that access to national and provincial parks, and other parks where access control measures and entry limitations are already in place, will remain open to the public.
In this regard the following measures will be implemented between the 16th of December 2020 until the 03rd of January 2021:
- iSimangaliso will strictly enforce upper limits of 250 people for outdoors activities, as per regulations, in all of its facilities.
- All overnight guests and concessionaires within the Park will be allowed to operate within the constraints of the regulations.
- Roadblocks will be conducted at various points across the Park to enforce compliance.
Use of Alcoholic Substances
No alcohol is allowed within the Park and control points will be in place.
- No vehicles will be permitted to enter the iSimangaliso Wetland Park if occupants are not wearing face masks and adhere to all health protocols.
- All visitors and guests to the iSimangaliso Wetland Park will be subjected to temperature tests, and based on the results the iSimangaliso Authority reserves the right to refuse entry.
The Park management understands that iSimangaliso has critical and essential locations at which local communities and other visitors enjoy themselves during festive seasons. However, due to the current regulation restrictions, numbers of people accessing the park will be strictly controlled to ensure safety against Covid-19.
For more information on the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, visit our website at isimangaliso.com. Media enquiries should be directed to Bheki Manzini at email@example.com.