Reporting to the Senior Environmental Planner the purpose for this position is to assist with environmental compliance by conducting audits, analysing, and reporting on audit findings.
- Diploma in Environmental Sciences or equivalent (NQF 6)
- Code 08 driver’s licence
- 2 years’ experience in Environmental Compliance
- Environmental Management Inspectorate Training would be an added advantage.
- Monitoring, Communication, Relationship Management, Database Management and Reporting.
- Integrity, Efficiency, Professionalism, Deadline Driven and Logical Thinking.
Key performance areas
- Monitor compliance in line with applicable legislation through regular audits and compliance checks in iSimangaliso
- Conduct special investigations relating to environmental and contractual non-compliance
- Conduct routine inspections of ecotourism and management facilities in the Park
- Conduct inspections of facilities in buffer zone with potential for environmental impacts (e.g. sawmills, agricultural projects, water extraction, cattle dips, etc.)
- Conduct inspections and assessments of proposed developments in the buffer zone to ensure compliance with set procedures/legislation
- Conduct inspections and monitoring of concessionaire compliance to environmental legislation and concession agreements
- Monitor conformance to set performance standards by Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife regarding game management
- Maintain the Park’s crime and incident data base by capturing crime and incident related data on system
- Coordinate prosecutions against offenders on non-compliance of environmental issues
- Prepare and analyse inspection and audit reports to identify trends
- Provide information to media division on compliance related matters for dissemination to stakeholder
- Assist in conducting workshops/meetings to create awareness on compliance related matters
- Attend meetings with government stakeholders with regards to developments within the buffer zone.
- Focuses on delivery through proactively establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Solve problems creatively whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity
- Maintain professional relationships that meet company core values
- Maintain effective and efficient communication channels
- Maintain regular contact with internal departments and ensure and enable clear and open communication.
Response to the advertised vacant position and closing date
Please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating the reference number and the position you applying for with certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s license attached to: email@example.com before the close of business on 30 June 2020. Certification should not be older than 3 months. Failure to submit the certified copies will result in your application not being considered. Qualifications and experience must be stated both in the covering letter and CV. No applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Appointment of the candidate into this position will be made at the sole discretion of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority. Applicants who have not received any response within 60 days from closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. The appointment for this position will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity Policy and Employment Equity Plan of iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority.
For any administrative matters in relation to this advert you may call: Nombuso Memela, on tel: (035) 590 1633, during business hours between 08h00 and 16h00.