Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the successful candidate will provide a holistic human resource service and ensure adherence to Human Resource policies and procedures within iSimangaliso.
- National Diploma in Human Resources Management
- 3-5 years’ working experience in HR role
- Practical knowledge of Payroll System
- Experience in handling IR/Employee Relations matters
- Experience with CCMA conciliations and arbitrations essentials
- Experience in handling health and safety in an organization
- Thorough working knowledge of SA labour legislation
- High level knowledge of computer literacy including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Effective conflict resolution, formulation and editing skills, research skills, facilitation and co-ordination skills, excellent planning and organising skill, public relations/customer service skills, excellent communication skills (written and verbal), monitoring and evaluation of work, ability to work independently, under pressure, good interpersonal relations, accuracy and attention to details, conscientious and detailed understanding of personnel record keeping systems, knowledge of time and attendance systems, good communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Patient and persistent, disciplined, ability to work under pressure and long hours, team player.
Key performance areas
Recruitment and selection and placement
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection and placement process within the Entity
- Ensure recruitment practices are handled in a manner consistent with EE objectives and legislation.
- Provide Human Resource administration services to iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority employees and management
- Record keeping and maintenance of HR documentation and records ensuring that all the records and documents are correctly stored
- Ensure that the employee filling system is up to date
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Capture and update employee information on the Payroll system
- Processing third party payments
- Answer queries relating to HR from within iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority.
- Provide guidance and support on all matters relating to the conditions of service and benefits
- Develop effective relationships within the Entity promoting good employee/management relationship across the Entity
- Monitor trends in employment practices and advising on appropriate proactive action
- Provide advice and guidance on disciplinary cases, grievances and coaching where appropriate
- Keep up to date with current legislation and ensure that the Entity is informed at all times
- Drive and oversee all employee relations initiatives within the Entity.
Training and development
- Coordinate training and development within the Entity in line with the Skills Development Act
- Assist the HR Manager in the implementation of the HR Strategy and objectives.
Health and safety
- Oversee the health and safety within the Authority
- Provide management and employees with advice, guidance and support with regard to legal compliance to occupational health and safety
- Investigate, record and maintain health and safety register for iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority incidents and accidents
- Monitor health and safety legal compliance.
Response to the advertised vacant position and closing date
Please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating the reference number and the position you applying for with certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s license attached to: email@example.com before the close of business on 30 June 2020. Certification should not be older than 3 months. Failure to submit the certified copies will result in your application not being considered. Qualifications and experience must be stated both in the covering letter and CV. No applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Appointment of the candidate into this position will be made at the sole discretion of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority. Applicants who have not received any response within 60 days from closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. The appointment for this position will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity Policy and Employment Equity Plan of iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority.
For any administrative matters in relation to this advert you may call: Nombuso Memela, on tel: (035) 590 1633, during business hours between 08h00 and 16h00.