iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority a renowned World Heritage Park where conservation, sustainable tourism and benefit sharing prevails hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and interested professionals to serve as a Chairperson of its Audit and Risk Committee in line with the provisions of Section 51(1) and 77 of the Public Finance Management Act, 1 of 1999, read with regulation 27.1 of the Treasury Regulations.
Essential requirements for audit and risk committee chairperson
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting; registration with professional bodies for Finance Practitioners
- 15 years’ work experience with 10 years’ of traceable experience with Public Sector Financial Management
- Applicants must not be in the employment of any Government institution
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and its Treasury Regulations. This position requires proven expertise and experience in the fields of financial management; risk management; performance management and internal auditing.
- The Audit and Risk Committee will carry out its responsibilities as legislated by the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations and operate according to its approved charter
- The roles and responsibilities of the Audit and Risk Committee are clearly defined in the approved charter of the Committee
- The Audit and Risk Committee will fulfil its oversight responsibilities to ensure that the Board maintains effective, efficient, and transparent systems of financial and risk management and internal controls
- The Committee will review the effectiveness of the Internal Audit Activities and provide direction, the work of external auditors and the Board’s financial statements
- The Audit and Risk Committee will also ensure compliance with legislation and assist the Accounting Authority in the effective execution of their responsibilities by reporting and making recommendations to the Accounting Authority on a regular basis.
Term of office and remuneration
The term of office of the appointed candidate will be 3 years, after which it will be reviewed by the Accounting Authority. Persons appointed to the Audit and Risk Committee will be remunerated at the rates determined by National Treasury.
Applications must be accompanied by an updated comprehensive Curriculum Vitae as well as certified copies of qualifications, driver’s licence, and identity document not older than 3 months. Applications can be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE: 03 JULY 2020 AT 16H00.
No late applications will be accepted.
Appointment of the candidate into this position will be made at the sole discretion of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority hence we reserve the right to or not to appoint. The appointment for this position will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity Policy and Employment Equity Plan of iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority. Preference will be given to female candidates and people living with disabilities. Applicants who have not received any response within 60 days from closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.