Reporting to the Strategic Support Manager the successful candidate will work directly with the Authority’s Executive Management to provide independent assurance that an organisation’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively to achieve iSimangaliso’s strategic objectives.
- National Diploma in Accounting or Finance Discipline majoring in auditing and accounting
- 3-5 years’ audit experience
- Auditing and/ or financial accounting experience within the company
- Good knowledge and understanding of audit techniques
- Understanding of the Institute of Internal Audits (IIA) Standards and Implementation Guidance’s as it relates to assignment execution
- Practical experience and competence of Microsoft Office: Excel, MS Word, Power Point
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Problem solving, good verbal and written communication skills, assertiveness, judgement and decision making, person must be able to function independently and work with minimum supervision, strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, result orientated, action orientated, taking Initiative, energetic and passionate, decision maker, applying knowledge and expertise, analysing and reporting, adapting to change and interpersonal relations.
Key performance areas
- Perform control effective reviews of business processes
- Perform audits projects in line with the internal audit methodology document systems, testing controls and preparing working papers to support findings
- Identify key issues and opportunities for improvement by analysing data and drawing informative conclusions to improve controls, effectiveness and efficiency
- Draft audit observation and discuss with appropriate level of management
- Follow up on all items identified in the internal audit report with management on a monthly basis
- Update audit programmes with changes
- Collate, checking and analysing spreadsheet data
- Examine company accounts and financial control systems
- Gauge levels of financial risk within organisations
- Check that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable
- Ensure that assets are safeguarded
- Identify if and where processes are not working as they should, and advising on changes to be made
- Prepare reports, commentaries and financial statements
- Liaise with managerial staff and presenting findings and recommendations
- Ensure procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with
- Undertake reviews of salaries
- Manage risk in the Organization.
Response to the advertised vacant position and closing date
Please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating the reference number and the position you applying for with certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s license attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the close of business on 30 June 2020. Certification should not be older than 3 months. Failure to submit the certified copies will result in your application not being considered. Qualifications and experience must be stated both in the covering letter and CV. No applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Appointment of the candidate into this position will be made at the sole discretion of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority. Applicants who have not received any response within 60 days from closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. The appointment for this position will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity Policy and Employment Equity Plan of iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority.
For any administrative matters in relation to this advert you may call: Nombuso Memela, on tel: (035) 590 1633, during business hours between 08h00 and 16h00.