Reporting to the Executive Manager: Support Services, the successful candidate will manage Information Technology operations by identifying and improving existing business systems and providing effective solutions to business problems to enable the achievement of iSimangaliso’s strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT)
- 4-5 years’ working experience in Information Technology Management of which 2 years’ must be in supervisory position in the IT field
- Valid driver’s licence
- Experience in the public Sector will be an added advantage.
- Management, software development life cycle (SDLC), business continuity management, needs analysis and project management.
- Confidentiality, technically inclined, environmental scan, judgement and innovation.
Key performance areas
Information technology management
- Optimise existing processes or introduce new systems and processes leading to more effective measurement of delivery and control
- Structure quality gateways in the delivery of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Manage projects associated with Business Systems where external Suppliers are involved
- Develop policies and procedures and ensures strict adherence to minimize risk
- Conduct risk analysis and develops business continuity plans for iSimangaliso
- Provide support to business by serving as a functional advisor on all information technology related matters and conducts IT audits to enable smooth operations
- Address escalations and resolves effectively and efficiently to minimizing work disruptions
- Use a combination of system user and system owner forums to gather relevant information
- Dissect and translate that information into decision supporting correspondence
- Monitor and evaluate the customer experience on an ongoing basis
- Analyse market trends and developments and makes recommendations
- Ensures buy in from all departments with regard to a system/application.
- Take projects from original concept through final implementation
- Define project scope and objectives
- Develop and implement technical project management tools such as plans, schedules, project estimates and resource plans
- Develop responsibility and compliance matrices
- Interface with all areas affected by the project
- Conduct project meetings and undertake project tracking and analysis
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Effectively manage relationships with supporting and dependent stakeholders
- Focus on delivery through pro actively establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Solve problems creatively whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity
- Maintain professional relationships that meet company core values
- Maintain effective and efficient communication channels
- Maintain regular contact with internal departments
- Ensure and enable clear and open communication.
- Analyse the business plan to determine the financial requirements
- Obtain the budgetary prescriptions from the Finance Division
- Determine financial allocations in accordance with deliverables
- Submit budget for approval in accordance with policies and procedures
- Monitor expenditure against budget and ensures spending occurs within budgetary limits
- Peruse monthly expenditure statements from Finance and addresses anomalies
- Explore opportunities to reduce costs.
Response to the advertised vacant position and closing date
Please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating the reference number and the position you applying for with certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s license attached to: email@example.com before the close of business on 30 June 2020. Certification should not be older than 3 months. Failure to submit the certified copies will result in your application not being considered. Qualifications and experience must be stated both in the covering letter and CV. No applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Appointment of the candidate into this position will be made at the sole discretion of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority. Applicants who have not received any response within 60 days from closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. The appointment for this position will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity Policy and Employment Equity Plan of iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority.
For any administrative matters in relation to this advert you may call: Nombuso Memela, on tel: (035) 590 1633, during business hours between 08h00 and 16h00.