Reporting to the Executive Manager: Tourism and Business Development, the successful candidate will generate tourism interest through marketing and branding initiatives for the purposes of showcasing iSimangaliso as a world heritage site and developing the Park as a tourist destination to optimise visitor numbers to achieve iSimangaliso’s strategic objectives.
- National Diploma in Marketing with 10 years’ experience in a similar environment to iSimangaliso or Candidates with more than 12 years’ experience of marketing in a tourism field and studying towards a tertiary qualification (NQF Level 6) are eligible to apply
- Code 08/10 valid driver’s licence.
- Planning, Relationship Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management and Advanced Communication.
- Initiative, Environmental Scan, Critical Thinking, Results Driven and Influential.
Key performance areas
- Investigate demographic segmentation of iSimangaliso’s current and future target market and adjusts the marketing strategy to target the current and future customer
- Commission research houses in conjunction with the research department in order to establish trends, understand available markets and inform a target strategy
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy based on knowledge of strategic business objectives and market characteristics
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns in line with marketing strategy
- Identify creative opportunities to market and profile the Park
- Provide input into developing pricing strategies balancing it with iSimangaliso’s strategies and customer interests
- Contribute to product development to ensure a competitive tourism offering
- Monitor tourism industry trends in product and marketing and responds by adjusting marketing plan accordingly
- Enhance promotion and marketing of the Park as a must-see destination through hosting media and film
- Build and maintain relationships with iSimangaliso licensed operators and ensures operators have up to date information on the Park for effective marketing
- Build and maintain relationships with other industry role players to ensure effective and joint marketing efforts are maximized
- Develop and maintain key visitor information for the Park e.g. social media platforms, web pages, input into tourism facilities, information centres, meet and greets and road signage.
- Develop marketing collateral for distribution in and out of the Park
- Develop a brand positioning statement and language for iSimangaliso
- Implement and introduce brand management tools and disciplines
- Maintain and continuously review brand marketing strategy for relevance
- Ensure that brand exposure is maximised through media coverage of events and hosting film crews to gain brand exposure.
Human resource management
- Set performance objectives for employees
- Ensure all employees have signed performance agreements
- Conduct employee appraisals
- Develop action plans to address poor performance
- Identify training needs of employees
- Ensure ongoing training and development of employees.
- Analyse the business plan to determine the financial requirements of marketing
- Obtain the budgetary prescriptions from the Tourism Unit
- Determine financial allocations in accordance with deliverables
- Submit budget for approval in accordance with policies and procedures
- Monitor expenditure against budget and ensure spending occurs within budgetary limits
- Peruse monthly expenditure statements from Finance and address anomalies
- Explore opportunities for cost containment.
Response to the advertised vacant position and closing date
Please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating the reference number and the position you applying for with certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s license attached to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the close of business on 30 June 2020. Certification should not be older than 3 months. Failure to submit the certified copies will result in your application not being considered. Qualifications and experience must be stated both in the covering letter and CV. No applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Appointment of the candidate into this position will be made at the sole discretion of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority. Applicants who have not received any response within 60 days from closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. The appointment for this position will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity Policy and Employment Equity Plan of iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority.
For any administrative matters in relation to this advert you may call: Nombuso Memela, on tel: (035) 590 1633, during business hours between 08h00 and 16h00.