Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible in order to achieve iSimangaliso’s strategic objectives.
- National Diploma in Finance or Accounting with Project Management as one of the major subjects of the qualification
- 4-5 years’ working experience of which two must be in a supervisory position
- Familiar with a variety of the projects field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, MS Word, Power Point
- A valid driver’s licence
- Experience in the Public Sector will be an added advantage.
- Leadership coaching, supervision, planning, organizing, good communication skills written and verbal, project management, strong admin skills, computer skills, excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Attention to detail; customer service orientated; a good team player.
Key performance areas
- Project management responsibilities include the coordination and fast tracking the completion of projects on time within budget and within scope
- Oversee all aspects of projects
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project
- Prepare reports for Executive Management regarding the status of projects
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to clarify specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports in relations to projects.
Response to the advertised vacant position and closing date
Please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating the reference number and the position you applying for with certified copies of qualifications, ID and driver’s license attached to: email@example.com before the close of business on 30 June 2020. Certification should not be older than 3 months. Failure to submit the certified copies will result in your application not being considered. Qualifications and experience must be stated both in the covering letter and CV. No applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Appointment of the candidate into this position will be made at the sole discretion of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority. Applicants who have not received any response within 60 days from closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. The appointment for this position will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity Policy and Employment Equity Plan of iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority.
For any administrative matters in relation to this advert you may call: Nombuso Memela, on tel: (035) 590 1633, during business hours between 08h00 and 16h00.